Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Cabbage Pancakes

As I mentioned in my previous post, few years ago my son went through a pancake eating stage. Not all pancake recipes remained on our regular menu, but a few did. One of those survivors is a Cabbage Pancake recipe. I fount the original recipe on Russian website http://supercook.ru/. My recipe has evolved into two slightly different versions.

Cabbage Pancakes

Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of self raising flour
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped white cabbage
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- salt and/or sugar to taste

Method
- Mix everything together
- Cook right away

My two versions come from the way I chop the cabbage. Version number one involves actually chopping cabbage in a food processor, squeezing out liquid and then adding the cabbage to the rest of the mix. Second version involves blending cabbage and buttermilk together in a smoothie maker and turning it into a paste (basically a smoothie). In the second version, you need to add more flour to the mix or your pancakes will be very thin. The original recipe suggests frying them in butter. I either fry on a non stick pan or I just wipe the pan with a tiny amount of oil. I use a table spoon to pour batter on a pan.

My son eats these pancakes with nutella to cover up the taste of cabbage. Nutella hides everything! 

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home